If you are interested in learning more about the topics covered in this blog, please check out the following:
1. Laura Meijer Drees, Healing Histories: Stories from Canada’s Indian Hospitals (Edmonton, AB: University of Alberta Press, 2013).
2. John S. Milloy, A National Crime: The Canadian Government and the Residential School System, 1879 to 1986 (Winnipeg, MB: University of Manitoba Press, 1999).
3. James Daschuk, Clearing the Plains: Disease, Politics of Starvation, and the Loss of Aboriginal Life (Regina, SK: University of Regina Press, 2013).
4. Pat Sandiford Grygier, A Long Way from Home: The Tuberculosis Epidemic among the Inuit (Montreal and Kingston: McGill-Queen’s University Press, 1994).
5. Maureen Lux, Medicine that Walks : Disease, Medicine, and Canadian Plains Native People, 1880-1940 (Toronto, ON: University of Toronto Press, 2001).